Get to know our dive crew – East End Diving, Cayman.
When it comes to personalization within a business it is always valuable to have the opportunity to get to know the staff better. So we thought it might be a great idea for you to get to know our White Sand Diving crew. This way you get to find out a little bit more about them before you come diving!
Today’s post is going to be about the one and only White Sand Diving manager, Captain extraordinaire Mr. George Evans. George is originally from Australia and below are his answers to some basic ‘get to know him’ questions. If there is anything else you would like to know about him that you do not see below please do not hesitate to reach out and ask or just wait until you can come on a dive and you can ask him in person!
Why did you choose to get in to diving?
- I have been diving since I was 12 years old. My dad was a diver and as soon as I was old enough he got me certified.
Where has diving taken you around the world?
- I became a Divemaster at the age of 18 in Australia. I also completed my Plumber certification once leaving school. With these skills under my belt I decided I would like to do some traveling. I ended up working as a plumber in London for a little while, which eventually became stale. So I decided to become a Dive Instructor in Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands off the coast of West Africa. From there I sailed across the Atlantic to Cayman. I have also dived in the Red Sea off the coast of Jordan.
What brought you to the Cayman Islands?
- A friend suggested I come to the Caymans for the diving. Once arriving in the Caymans, I had the opportunity to work as a Boat Captain/Dive Instructor/Kiteboard instructor and Bioluminescence guide, which I ended up doing for 5 years and loved. After this time I went and worked for the Royal family in Jordan for 4 years. Here I taught diving and other water sports. After those 4 years I moved back to help with White Sand Watersports and start up White Sand Diving.
What do you love about Cayman diving?
- Cayman diving never provides a dull moment! The marine and coral life is abundant and the water is always clear and warm with so much too see.
What do you like about working with White Sand Diving (WSD)?
- The best thing about WSD is that we run small groups, which provides more of a personalized service without all the corporate rules. This is also great because it means that we are small enough to be flexible and can accommodate requests most of the time.
What are your favorite dive spots in Grand Cayman?
- My favorite dive sites on the Northside are Anchor Point, Split Rock, Snapper Hole and Chubb Hole. On the Southside they are Pats Wall and High Rock.
Where would you still like to go diving that you haven’t yet been?
- I would love to dive in the Cocos Islands in the Indian Ocean with schools of Hammerheads!!
I hope you enjoyed this get to know your crew blog. Stay tuned as we will be featuring our other staff members soon!
For all diving requests please do not hesitate to reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +1 (345) 936-7263.